While it is not necessary to join the Club, the fellowship of like-minded competitors and the support and information from the club network can help you to get the best from a challenging family sport.
When you join British Orienteering:
You will become a member of Essex Stragglers Orienteering Society.
You will have access to our coaching activities.
You will be eligible to enter the Stragglers League and Club Championships and to represent the Club in competitions.
You will also become a member of the East Anglian Orienteering Association (EAOA) and be eligible to enter the EAOA Championships and compete in the East Anglian League.
Juniors reaching the required standard can join the East Anglian Junior Squad for further development and a chance to represent the Region.
The other benefits of British Orienteering membership are:
- Senior members pay reduced entry fees at larger (Regional and above) events
- You will be eligible to compete in major competitions such as the British Championships
- Your successes will be recognised through the 'Navigational Challenge' and 'Racing Challenge' incentive schemes
- You can access discounts from our partners a full list of discounts are here
- You will be able to score Ranking points at all Regional, National and Major Events
(if you are 16 or over)
- You will have access to many resources in the members' section of the website
- You will have Public Liability Insurance when participating in events and activities registered with British Orienteering
- You will be able to receive the monthly member email newsletter
- You can vote at the British Orienteering Annual General Meeting
Membership Fees for 2021
Seniors £20 (of which £15 goes to British Orienteering and £5 to the club).
Juniors (20 or under on the 31st December of the membership year) £5 (all of which goes to British Orienteering).
Families pay the sum of the individual membership fees.
For those joining in November or December, membership lasts until the end of the following year.